THE WINNERS IN 2018
- Sonning Scarecrows is an event held every two years, where villagers of Sonning build Scarecrows (not just Worzel Gummidge types, but almost any sort of model) for viewing by the public. Pictures of Scarecrows from previous years can be found on this website. Last time we had over 70 Scarecrows and anticipate similar numbers this year.
- We also open some of the village gardens to visitors.
- This is a great day out for all ages, as evidenced by the increasing numbers of visitors each time it has been held.
- Sonning-on-Thames is a village in Berkshire, just outside Reading – postcode RG4 6UL.
- The 2018 event was held on Sunday/Monday of the late May Bank Holiday weekend, 27th / 28th May, from 11:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- As usual, there were Scarecrows to see, gardens opened to visitors and various refreshments available. There was also a vintage car display on the Sunday.
- Each adult attending should buy a trail map for £5, which gives the locations of the Scarecrows and entrance to the gardens. The money raised goes towards funding various village amenities, such as shirts for the junior football team, building a bus shelter and donations to the primary school.